An annual $1,000
for Single mothers
established to assist
with tuition and childcare.
Open to single mothers enrolled in Chiropractic College,
who meet the following criteria:
1. Complete financial aid (FAF) forms to your college.
2. Submit an essay, maximum 2 pages, double spaced, standard font and pitch, on white paper.
3. Include verification of single mother status (i.e. note from Financial AId or the Registrar).
4. Previous award recipients are not eligible to win.
5. Be sure to include your name, address, phone, e-mail address, school and trimester on the cover sheet ONLY.
6. Question: You are a single mom and new DC. Outline your mission statement and give an overview of a typical week in your ideal practice and life. Be sure to include hours of operation, childcare, community outreach and patient education and how you will incorporate your chiropractic principles in your office and child/children’s lives. Emphasize the balance needed and how you plan to overcome everyday challenges as a ‘chiromom’.
Award will be based on creativity, originality and the ability to communicate chiropractic principles.
FOR JUDGING OBJECTIVITY, PLEASE OMIT MENTION OF YOUR NAME, COLLEGE’S NAME OR LOCATION IN YOUR ESSAY.
7. Submit 2 copies of your essay postmarked by May 1, 2010 to:
Sylva Ashworth Scholarship
c/o FSCO • 2276 Wassergass Road • Hellertown PA 18055
The scholarship announcement will be made on May 28, 2010,
during the Women in Chiropractic seminar, held at Lyceum at
Sherman College of Chiropractic
About the Scholarship
Established in 1999 by Dr. Nalyn Marcus, a ’90 graduate of Sherman College, the scholarship honors Dr. Sylva Ashworth, a pioneer and powerhouse in our profession. After receiving chiropractic care, Dr. Ashworth attended Palmer School and Cure in 1917, as a single mother of four. She went on to maintain a high volume practice, and remained influential and visible in the profession throughout her life. Her legacy continues through 5 generations of Cleveland family chiropractors.
The Federation of Straight Chiropractors and Organizations has agreed to provide a home for the Ashworth scholarship. The FSCO has been an active voice for straight chiropractic for more than 25 years and is represented by a national constituency and student chapters at leading chiropractic colleges.
The Sylva Ashworth Scholarship is funded
solely through contributions or purchases of the
“Women in Chiropractic, Mother Nature’s Healing Hands”
product line: www.chiromom.com/products
*The Sylva Ashworth Scholarship is awarded based upon eligibility and essay creativity. While it is the committee’s intention to award this scholarship annually, it reserves the right to grant scholarships solely on the basis of quality and eligibility and as such may encounter a year where an award is not granted.
Federation of Straight Chiropractors and Organizations
2276 Wassergass Road
Hellertown, PA 18055
Site donated and maintained by:
Now You Know Inc.